Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Season Premiere Countdown!

I think we have all come to realize that I will never blog about last season's finale. Similarly, I have given up all hope that Lois will ever update her blog again.

Now, I did watch it again last week when it aired on ABC. And truthfully, there's just so much stuff going on, that it would pretty much be impossible to cover everything. But I know, you're tired of my excuses. Me, too. So let's just move on, (the hurt will someday fade, I promise. Time heals all wounds.) and I'll tell you what I know.

Tomorrow's premiere event kicks off tomorrow night at 8:00 with an hour-long recap show. At 9:00, "Before You Left" airs.

My darling hubby picked up a copy of TVGuide this week, and it included the promising headline "10 LOST mysteries REVEALED." Except, NOTHING was revealed. Apparently "revealed" means vague, obscure references that are nothing more than an inside joke between the producers. How's this for a "revelation:": Claire won't be in this season. GASP! SHOCK! MOTHER TRUCKER, WE ALREADY KNEW THAT. Or this: In an interview with Jorge Garcia, he says that one of the set pieces this season is so amazing, he was like, "Oh my god? This is it?" Uh, yeah. Thanks for that revelation. Really. Enthralling. Thanks.

Other tidbits of information I've gleaned from various sources is that the premiere will pick up right where the finale left off--in the funeral home with Ben and Jack. I've heard that the FBI (or whomever) shows up at Kate's door demanding DNA tests to prove that Aaron is her son, and that she seeks the help of a fellow Oceanic Six-er (not named Jack Shepherd) to help her. We know that Hurley and Sayid are going all Rambo-like and shootin' people up. (Should be interesting, since we also know that Hurley faints at the sight of blood.) And yeah, that's about it.

It will prove much harder for the Oceanic 6 to get back to the island than they think. Case in point: in last season's finale, Miles is surprised at Charlotte's original intent to leave the island, since it was so hard for her to find her way back the first time. "What do you mean?" she asks. Miles, in his creepy, I-talk-to-dead-people way, ominously replies "What DO I mean? Hmm." My guess? Charlotte is a grown-up Annie, the little girl with whom Ben was friends back in his childhood with the Dharma Initiative. Either way, this puts our band of merry travelers in a bit of a conundrum. We always assumed that when Ben said "You all have to go back," that he meant they had to go together. I think we'll soon see that this is not the case, and the 6 will have to make their way back through their stunning intellect and wit.

We'll soon find out! Set your DVRs.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm very disappointed that you aren't recapping the season finale because I don't remember what happened, at all. I remember they moved the island, other than that it's a big void.

I haven't watched the 4 hours of recapping they've done. That's a little overboard for me. So I'm still a little lost as to what the H is going on.

I'm watching the premier tonight, so you may get random texts from me in a state of mass confusion.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lois said...

Well at least I got a shout-out :-) hahah. Although, it looks like we've BOTH made a return, as I not only posted a new blog but also completely revamped my website. Check it out!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home