Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Countdown is On!

I just (finally) finished watching S2 this morning, and now I am PUMPED for the season premiere!! (In case you can't tell, in which case, you must be oblivious to everything.) I thought that I would go into detail on each episode I rewatched, but I'm lazy and I only have half an hour before I have to leave for work. So here are the high notes:

* LOCKDOWN - Did Fenry push the freaking button or not?! My thoughts are that he must have, otherwise everything would have gone all magnetic. So did he just lie about pushing the button to f with Locke's mind. Poor guy, he's been through a lot both preIsland and presentIsland, and it sounds like things are just gonna get worse for him this upcoming season. (see my previous post about Ian Somerhalder.)

*DAVE - There was much speculation (mostly by me) after this Hurley-centric episode aired. If what Hurley's imaginary friend said was true, namely, that Hurley is still in the mental institution and this whole thing is a figment of his crazy imagination, I might be very angry. Saint Elsewhere is a bit before my time, but from what I've read about it, the series ending was bullshit. I have to put more faith in the writers and producers than that.

* S.O.S. - Rose and Bernard were cute when they were reunited, but I'm pretty much over them now. Seriously, who didn't see it coming that Rose was sick? Bueller? Bueller? Pretty much the only thing this episode did for me was give me time to give myself a manicure. It's fairly interesting that Rose seems to be in the Locke camp with the whole "Island healing thing" and it does go along with what Crazy Healer Guy said about specific geological points being the center of healing, but, overall, a boring episode in my mind.

* Two for the Road - Just try and convince me that Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros weren't killed off the show as the result of their illegal extra-curricular activities. Go ahead, try me. Nonetheless, when I saw this episode the first time, it was actually a DVRd episode, since I had had to work that night. When I got home (around midnight or so), Ian told me it was a really good episode. I tried to go to sleep and tell myself I could watch it in the morning, but we all know that I got out of bed at 1:00am to put it on. To be brutally honest, I didn't see it coming. I hadn't heard any spoilers, and I was completely dumbfounded. Like Jaw on the Floor Dumbfounded. Whoa.

- ? - (Possibly the stupidest name for an episdoe, but hey, like I've said before, they don't consult me on these things.) Oh Eko. I like him and his Jesus Stick. This episode is the turning point for our respective men of faiths. Locke loses it, and Eko gains it, and this will become more important in the final episodes of seaon 2. Claire's psychic makes a comeback via Eko's flashbacks, and creepy autopsy girl delivers a message to Eko from beyond the grave. Uh-huh.

-Three Minutes - Micheal, you're a slime ball. As a result, both the names Michael, Walt, and Vincent will be stricken from the potential baby name list.

-Live Together, Die Alone- Apparently, Jack is so verbose that he will even quote himself. Egotistic? A little, but hey, it's ok, we're seniors. (Inside joke, don't try and understand.) The questions answered in the season finale were minimal in comparison with the questions that were ultimately raised. My biggest issue being this: Desmond KNOWS what happens if you don't press the button, so why, for all of God's Green Goodness, does he let Locke wind the timer down? He KNOWS it's real, why does he let Locke think otherwise? P.S. Kate is a really bad shot, guys, let's not give her any more guns, mmkay? Tanks.

Less than a week to go, kids, time to get excited. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

okay, so I won't try to understand your fancy pants inside joke, but now it has made me sad. I want be cool enough to know the inside joke. I'm the uncool kid off in the corner not getting the joke. *sigh* Maybe I'll just make up my OWN inside joke, that nobody gets but me! ME! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!


um, yeah I've been up for three hours and it's only 8am. And I went to the gym already. And now I'm at work. Excuse the craziness.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home