Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Looking for Trouble

First off, I think we should all agree here and now that John Locke should never be allowed to touch a computer ever again. Ever.

It may just be me, but I thought that Wednesday's "Enter 77" was rather predictable, to say the least. At least for those of us who were actually paying attention. Truly, who didn't see the big explosion coming as soon as we saw the C4 and Johhny Locke diddling on the computer? As soon as they showed the "previously on LOST" blurb, I knew Mrs. Klugh would be making a reappearance as well. (OK, granted, I didn't exactly see her getting shot and all, but hey, I don't pretend to know everything. Just almost everything.) Speaking of the devil, I thought that her death was pretty lame, since it now seems that the producers just brought her back to answer the whole burning "Where in God's green goodness is Klugh?" question. So now that she's dead, things don't look too bright in Patchy's future. Which leads me to my next point...

Rousseau is always right. We should listen to her more often. Or, for that matter, just once. The whole Henry Gale thing? She told you so. I laughed out loud when Rousseau turned on her heel and walked away into the jungle, saying that she has stayed alive by avoiding just this type of encounter. The inaudible though clearly understood "dumbasses!" didn't go unnoticed, as well. I know I've mentioned it before, but I think Kate has only set herself up to be the wrath of Rousseau's anger when it turns out that Alex isn't really the Alex we think she is (i.e., Danielle's daughter). Because if Alex truly is Ben's daughter, wouldn't Danielle have just kept him to herself and tried to find Alex that way instead of turning Benry over to Sayid and his torturous ways? We'll see...

For once in a long time, I think what has happening in present time was a lot more interesting than the backstory. Truthfully, we didn't find out a whole lot about Sayid this time around. The only thing that caught my attention is still a subject of debate between my husband and I: Even after rewinding multiple times, I still can't figure out what language Sayid's coworker was speaking when he came to tell him that someone was out front to see him. Ian maintains that he was speaking Arabic, but I'm still not sure he wasn't speaking French. (After all, they are in Paris, and the name of the restaurant was in French.) OK, so if he was speaking French, then rewind to season 1 and tell me why Sayid couldn't translate the distress signal and Shannon had to translate that and all of Danielle's notes on the maps Sayid recovered. I'm just saying...

Next week's teaser looks... well, I don't know. It could have that teaser potential to be a huge buildup and an even bigger letdown. It promises to reveal a connection between two survivors that will blow your mind.... uh, right. I'm not falling for it this time. I'm calling it now: "Par Avion" is a Claire-centric episode, and the big to do? She and Jack have the same father!!! GASP! Big honkin' deal. We knew that last season. Give me something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home