Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Friday, January 04, 2008

S3 on DVD and the Return of LOST

The hash marks carved into my bedroom wall served to remind me that the Return of LOST (RoL) is rapidly approaching. And, if you're like me, (and God help you if you are) you're just SO FREAKING EXCITED that you don't care that there are only going to be 8 episodes this "season" instead of the promised 16. I'm sure that as we make our way through those 8 episodes, I'll begin to lament and curse the AMPTP, but for now, I'm basking in the glory of new LOST teasers, and the oh-so-close P-Day (Premiere Day, duh). And oh, there's so much in which to bask...

I have, of late, been preparing myself, albeit with the help of others (no, not THOSE others...) for the upcoming gloriousness that is S4. My Favorite Husband, it must be said, still knows how to treat his lady, even whilst building sand castles in the Middle East. In celebration of two blissful years of matrimony, how did El Capitan choose to mark this auspicious occassion? Why, by sending his fair dame S3 on DVD (with added bonus features!) and a bottle of champagne. Personally, I can think of no better way to celebrate. (Unless it was sharing said bottle of bubbly with Matth-- MY HUSBAND. Ahem.) And Diamond, that "gem" of a co-worker (I'm so witty.) who had provided me 12 glorious months of LOST eyecandy while simultaneously reminding me of your upcoming birthday, is also deserving of mad props. (Oh yeah, and Ma--ahem, SANTA-- gave me a puzzle of the hatch for Christmas. But since I have a one year old who would eat dirt if you didn't keep an eye on him, the 500 piece puzzle remains in its box until the "I-will-eat-everything-I-see" stage passes.)

So along with all this, the rehashing and revisiting and rewinding of S3, and the staring at and drooling over Jack in January, I've also been watching the abc.com mobisodes. (Ooh, spell check hates that word. Come to think of it, so do I...) And while most of them are pretty much a waste of about 2.6 minutes, there have been a few worthy of the expression that I have named The Chiz. (imagine your head cocked to the left, parallel with your shoulder. Or, if you're in the area, just stop by the desk and say something befuddling. You'll see what I mean.) Anyway, one of those perplexing moments came in the mobisode dubbed "Buried Secrets" where in Sun, (aka Daniela Choi, as indicated by the California drivers' license she was burying in the ground noted) and Michael ALMOST MADE OUT. I'm not sure whether to be excited or disgusted. Given Sun's previous disposition to sleep with the hottest men EVER, I think I'll have to opt for the latter. The only other mobisode worth noting is "Room 23," in which it appears that Waaaaalt is being a bad little boy while being subjected to the same brainwashing rave through which our buddy Karl suffered. However, unlike Karl, Waaaaaaalt is fighting the power by killing birds. Or something. Whatever. He's "special." We get it.

So, with all that being said, mark your (sexy new) calendars for January 31 @ 9:00pm (Thursdays? Really?), the date LOST triumphantly returns in a spectacular 2 hour premiere. (Although I'm sure you know as well as I do by now that "2 hour premiere" really means "1 hour of some ridiculous recap and 1 hour of the real thing.) And, if you're looking for some teaser fun, go here to read all about Matthew Fox's thoughts on S4. Then, turn your volume up and go here, where MF waxes philosophical on why it's so necessary that LOST set an end date, blah, blah, blah, I'm a wicked hottie. Finally, go here for some more interesting tidbits from MF, including a quote from him on the importance of Time in LOST, where he states, "Time is a major theme in LOST, and will play a huge role." Straight from the source, folks! He also mentions that there will be more flashbacks mingled in with the new flashforwards. I hope I can keep it all straight.

Finally, I had an epiphany while watching S3 last night, one you are free to discuss and debate amongst yourselves. The voice that eerily booms "Previously, on LOST..." Who is that?! Perhaps (and humor me here...) it's the Guy in the Coffin? Just a thought...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bree, I'm sorry to say boys never truly outgrow the "I-will-eat-everything-I-see" stage. That puzzle will stay closeted in perpetuity if that's the defining moment.

Sun and Michael?! What the --?!?!

Your Co-Worker in Corporate Communications (and not Paul, Lee or Lois)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home