Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh Emm Gee

Poor John Locke. That guy just can't seem to catch a break. I'm not gonna lie, though, although Wedneday's (is it really already MONDAY?! Ack! Many apologies for my tardiness) "The Man From Tennessee" was good, I think some of it was predictable. Not predictable in the way the whole Jack-and-Claire-are-siblings thing was predictable, but when things played out, I wasn't exactly speechless. Ya know? Like, as soon as John walked into his dad's apartment, they didn't exactly hide the fact that the apartment was not exactly on the ground level (exactly). Then the whole ending, with Anthony being there... yeah, ya had to know that was coming, too, especially after Benry's "the box is what you want it to be" crap. Which begs the question...

Is it real?! Is Anthony's presence on the island legit, or is this another one of those Jack's dad, Kate's horse type deals, where it seems to be merely a manifestation of some sort on the part of the character? Before we saw Anthony bound and gagged, two possibilities were going through the minds of those watching at my house: Daddy Dearest or the Monster. (I was right, as usual. I'm so smart.) Taking into consideration that it ended up being Anthony and not the Monster, are we to take that as John would rather either A) extract revenge on his father or B) forgive his father rather than know the answer to the island mystery? *shrugs.

Does anything I just said even make sense? Are you following? Just follow one thought to the next.

Ohh. Emm. Gee. Jack and Kate are the new Ross and Rachel. Good God in Heaven, just DO IT and quit tiptoeing around it! YOU LOVE EACH OTHER, JUST SAY IT!

Um, just for the record, I think Ben is full of shit. No one leaves that island. I think if Johnny Locke hadn't gone all Rambo on the submarine, Jack and Juliet would have just been killed. When he was trying to talk Locke out of blowing the sub up, Ben said something to the effect of wanting his people to still believe that they could leave. Liar liar pants on fire. That made me think about the frist episode of the season, the one where Juliet was all melancholy and despondent (thank you, thesaurus) and all up in arms about free will. While you can choose to leave the island, you're ultimately choosing death, no? Ever read the children's book, The Giver? It's about this "utopian" society where everyone is an equal, yada yada yada, people are given life jobs, e.g., Birthmother, Nurturer, Director of Recreation, etc., spouses are chosen for you, and children are given to you. If you don't fit into this society, you are "released," a.k.a. euthanized. I think there are a lot of parallels between that book and this whole "leaving the island" idea. Chew on that. Lemme know what you think.

I guess this week's episode is a Nikki and Paulo episode. No wonder I'm not excited to tune in. I have heard, however, that Boone and Shannon will be back this week, so I guess we can expect the lovers/siblings (ew) to be connected to the island-nobodies-who-just-showed-up-one-day. I also hear that Paulo will be shot in the head. Huh. Whatever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate loves Sawyer. Jack should be written off the show.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I did read The Giver a few times as a child. I never understood where the main character ended up after he left the society.

Maybe you can shed some light on that subject for me.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home