Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I lied

OK, I lied.

Here's the thing: I have no idea what's going on on this show. As I've been playing with my writing blocks, building epic castles out of them, I realized that all I could really offer would be a glorified recap. And, truthfully, Doc Jensen and Kristin do that so much better than I.

And, truthfully, the pressure to just bust out an analysis is a little overwhelming. As is the rest of my life.

I debated just closing the doors and closing down the blog, but that wouldn't be fair to you, my faithful followers. And since I'm still supremely invested in the show and how it will all come to an end, I'd love to hear from you. So instead of just turning out the lights on breegetslost, I've decided to keep it open as a forum for all of us to discuss our theories, opinions, etc.

I know, it's a cop-out. I'm so busy, I don't have time, I'm tired: boo hoo. I get it, I'm lame. But I feel like this is a happy medium. And once life slows down, and when all is said and done, my plan to go back to the beginning and start all over. So someday, there WILL be a recap of ALL of the shows.

Until then, my friends, namaste.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think anyone can make sense out of what happened on that show. And what is the point of showing us the alternate universe of what would have happened had the plane landed in LA like it was supposed to? And how did Hurley manage to change his shirt?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

Well, I'm under the impression that both timelines are running concurrently. And so far, both Kate and Jack seem to have had deja-vu moments insinuating that there's at least some sort of awareness, be it conscious or subconcious, of prior events. Though I'm not sure how there can be deja vu for the sideways folks if the island folks are three years in the future. Head scratcher.

I think Hurley may have been wearing that underneath his jumpsuit. As I have gone on record saying, the red-shirt-ness is more than mildly concerning.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home