Bree's LOST blog

"Do you think I did it on purpose? I was sailing for two and half weeks, bearing due West and making 9 knots. I should have been in Fiji in less than a week. But the first piece of land I saw wasn't Fiji, was it? No. No, it was here -- this, this island. And you know why? Because this is it. This is all there is left. This ocean and this place here. We are stuck in a bloody snow globe. There's no outside world. There's no escape. So, just go away, huh. Let me drink." ~"Live Together, Die Alone"

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Catch 22

OK, so before another two weeks pass, and I realize that I've not yet blogged about this week's LOST, let me get down to it.

Um, Wednesday's "Catch-22:" Not so much. I mean, it was good because LOST is the Best Show Ever, but the fact of the matter is that I was much more interested in the secondary plot than the one at the forefront of the action. I really just don't care when/how/if/why Charlie dies, just so long as it happens soon and they quit dragging out like people care.

I like Sawyer. I feel bad for the guy, but he's got to realize that Jack and Kate are meant to be together. That said, Kate is being a complete... well, it rhymes with "witch." Saywer, surprisingly enough, is a smart guy, and he's putting the pieces together. I don't think her jerking him around will last much longer. Best line(s) of the night (because I can't just pick one) go to Sawyer:
  • "What, that doorbell broken again?!"
  • "You two arguin' over who's your favorite Other?"
  • "Yeah, and if we don't play every 108 minutes, the freakin' island's gonna explode!"

So, in reference to the whole Desmond-centric thing (because it must be said), there were only a few things to note: first, the framed picture on Brother's desk in Desmond's final flashback scene. Did you notice who was in the picture with im? I'll put you out of your misery if you didn't: it was the woman from Desmond's previous flashback, the woman who wouldn't sell him the ring, who told him all about the universe "course-correcting" and whatnot. I'm assuming that we'll find out more about that connection later on.

And the final thing to note: The name of Desmond's ex was named Ruth, and the parachutist gal was credited as Naomi. Seperately, who cares? But together, you get a heck of a Bible reference.

Next week's episode is a Sun/Jin-centric episode titled "D.O.C." and considering that stands for "Date of Conception," it looks like we'll figure out who the baby daddy is. Place your bets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have to disagree that LOST is the Best Show Ever. In fact, it has done nothing but go downhill since the 2nd season.

And clearly, Numb3rs is the Best Show Ever. clearly.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

Clearly, a show that can't even spell its own name (i.e. "Numb-Three-Ers") cannot possibly be the Best Show Ever. Clearly.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home